Resources for creating a home fire escape plan
Firefighter put out a house fire. All that is left of the home is Fire Damage that SERVPRO of Arroyo Grande will clean up and fix.
Prevention is one best defense against a fire and the other defense is a well thought-out and well-rehearsed home fire escape plan. Always ready to help restore fire damage, Arroyo Grande SERVPRO specialists also believe that keeping friends, family and our neighbors safe from loss due to fire is a priority.
In the event of a fire, the best defense is to get out of the house immediately! The best way for everyone to get out is to have an escape plan that the entire family has practiced over and over.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has provided the following tips for a home fire safety and escape plan:
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the home. Large homes may need more than one alarm per level. Include the garage. The NFPA recommends smoke alarms in every sleeping room as well as hallways.
- Involve every family member in making the plan. Walk through the home and identify all possible exits and escape routes.
- Draw a floor plan of the home and mark two ways out of each room, including windows and doors. Make sure escape routes are clear and doors and windows can be opened easily. Make sure security bars are equipped with an emergency release.
- Choose an outside meeting place that is a safe distance from the house and include the location in the escape plan.
- Make sure your street number is clearly visible from the road or street.
- Call 911 immediately to report the fire, either from a cell phone or a neighbor’s phone.
- Include infants, pets and family members with mobility issues in the plan.
- Make sure guests know the escape routes.
- Conduct fire drills to help everyone remember the plan.
Fire escape planning resources
The NFPA website provides a variety of free escape planning tools, including an escape grid to help you plan escape routes and a safety tip sheet.
Local resources include your local fire department. Most city and rural fire departments and forestry divisions have literature and programs to help the community prepare fire and emergency escape plans. Ask if your local fire department has a community outreach officer who can help you review your plan.
Homeowner and renters insurance companies may also have planning tools. Check with your agent or insurance company.
Prevention is the best defense. Ask your local fire department to help identify fire hazards and for advice for the best way to remove them.
How SERVPRO can help
SERVPRO of Arroyo Grande is a fire damage removal resource and we can also help with removing and disposing of hazardous materials that may be fire or health hazards. Call us today at (805) 473-0772 to discuss removing hazardous materials or restoring water, mold, or fire damage.
SERVPRO, Pismo Beach, Water Damage Specialists, Report ‘What To Do When Mold Is Discovered
Mold discovered behind laundry room appliances
Mold might show up on kitchen or bathroom grout once in a while and this is generally safe to clean. It is the persistent mold on walls, under cabinets, and in damp places that the SERVPRO Pismo Beach / Arroyo Grande specialists want the public to be very cautious about.
Mold is usually green or black in color, and has a musty smell. Mold grows from spores that easily become airborne and the spores can be inhaled contributing to possible health problems. For this reasons, Mark Powers, owner of SERVPRO Pismo Beach / Arroyo Grande recommends people use caution even when cleaning a small amount of mold.
“Use a good antimicrobial. Spray it onto the mold and surrounding area, but before doing that be sure to put on a facemask and rubber gloves. Scrub the mold away with a brush or disposable rag,” said Powers. “But, when there is a chronic mold problem, or mold is present in large amounts, there may be a water damage problem that needs professional attention.”
Mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Professionals, trained in the science and effective removal and control of mold, are best equipped to locate the source of persistent mold and remove the moisture or water damage that is the breeding ground for mold growth.
Excessive moisture and standing water are common sources of mold growth in buildings. Mold growth can start within 48 hours. By the time mold appears, the moisture may have already soaked into the structure, even masonry, enough that industrial fans and other drying methods are required. Left long enough, water and moisture will cause structural damage, requiring comprehensive restoration or even expensive reconstruction. The SERVPRO Pismo Beach / Arroyo Grande professionals are the experts locating the source of mold and water damage, and removing and repairing the damage.
A phone call to SERVPRO Pismo Beach / Arroyo Grande is the first step to addressing mold in a home, business, or any other structure. Upon arrival, the technician carefully inspects the property for signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view and various technologies are used to find the mold and hidden water sources.
The remaining mold and water damage removal process includes:
- Containing the spread of the mold using advanced containment procedures to isolate the contaminated area and keep mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
- Filtering and “scrubbing” the air using specialized filtration equipment that captures mold spores out of the air.
- Removing the mold and mold-infected materials with antifungal and antimicrobial treatments and removing and properly disposing of mold infected materials. Removal is essential for preventing the mold from returning.
- Cleaning any items that may have become infested with mold such as carpets, curtains, clothing, furniture, and even collectibles.
- Restoring everything the mold infected to the original condition. Restoration can range from minor repairs to major reconstruction, depending on the degree of mold and water damage.
Comprehensive mold remediation and water damage repair is not a task that home and property owners are equipped, or even trained, to undertake. The professionals from the Pismo Beach/Arroyo Grande water damage company, SERVPRO, have the required training, safety gear, and equipment and supplies to safely and effectively remove mold and the sources of mold growth. Protect the health of family and other building occupants by calling the professionals to remove mold.
This press release is by Pismo Beach/Arroyo Grande SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.
SERVPRO, Pismo Beach Fire Damage Specialists, Helps Clients Navigate Insurance Claims
fire damage pismo beach
When a disaster of any size hits the family home or business, working through insurance claims can seem like one more overwhelming task. The local specialists in restoring fire damage, Pismo Beach SERVPRO, is particularly prepared to help victims with both the insurance claim process and the property restoration process.
SERVPRO, as a national company, has gained a unique standing with the insurance industry by:
- The most extensive performance guidelines in the restoration industry
- A rigorous corporate training program that meets the stringent certification standards of the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
- The SERVPRO national Claims Information Center (CIC) providing end-to-end insurance claim assistance. Clients have online access to the claim process and can monitor their claims from start to completion.
The insurance claim process is started at the time the local SERVPRO professional responds to the site of the damage. Even though the client can monitor the claim, the local SERVPRO staff remains informed and available to answer questions and follow-up when necessary. When it comes to repairing and restoring damage to home or business, the local SERVPRO Pismo Beach fire damage specialists have the advantages of national guidelines and IICRC certified training and the dedication to pass these advantages on to clients.
As a leader in water and fire damage cleanup and restoration, the SERVPRO goal is to restore the property owner’s peace of mind, the property to “Like it never happened,” condition, and offer the insurance company competitive advantages that result in trouble-free paid claims.
Adhering to the principle of timely mitigation and IICRC standards result in lower claims costs while delivering the best service possible to clients.
SERVPRO restoration professionals are specialists, trained to identify, repair, and restore a wide range of damage resulting from events like storms, flooding, sewage leaks, water or fire damage, mold, crime scenes, hoarding, and biohazard spills. The technicians have all of the industrial-level equipment, supplies, and technologies to safely clean and restore property and get the occupants back home as soon as possible.
SERVPRO of Pismo Beach / Arroyo Grande is a local specialist for restoring properties after floods, leaks, and any other event including fire damage in Pismo Beach or the entire California Central Coast.
SERVPRO of Pismo Beach /Arroyo Grande1423 Raspberry AveArroyo Grande, CA 93420
This press release is by Arroyo Grande SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.
SERVPRO, Arroyo Grande Fire Damage Specialists, Report ‘The Fire Dangers From Hoarding’
Fire Damage pismo beach
Hoarding not only creates stress for the family of the hoarder, it creates a long list of health and safety problems, including increased danger of fire. The Arroyo Grande fire damage specialists from SERVPRO have prepared the following report about fire and other dangers of hoarding.
Not only is hoarding unsafe and unhealthy, it against the law in most jurisdictions. One of the problems is that the activity can go undetected for years, and until the hoarding spills out into the yard, or emergency services has to enter the home, no one realizes how drastic the circumstances have become.
Hoarding was classified as a mental disorder in 2013 and is a difficult disorder to treat because most people who suffer from hoarding don’t realize they have a problem. Their behavior presents a difficult road for family and mental health professionals to navigate. Along with the heartbreak that comes with confronting the hoarder, there is the overwhelming sight of rooms and hallways clogged with piles of trash, clothing, rotted food, and even animal feces.
The first reaction is to put on rubber gloves, grab a mask and trash bag and start removing piles of trash, but this is the time to call the experts to clean the property, remove biohazards, and reduce the potential of fire damage. Arroyo Grande SERVPRO owner, Mark Powers, said, “The appropriate training, equipment, and safety gear is critical when cleaning up a home where hoarding has been going on. No one really knows what you are going to find and knowing how to handle a wide range of biohazardous material is a very important personal and public safety issue.”
The list of hazards is not limited to the danger of stacks of boxes falling and injuring someone. The potential hazards are beyond what can be safely handled with drugstore rubber gloves, masks, and rain boots. Hazards include:
- Air contaminated by mold spores, rat and other feces, and stenches arising from a variety of decaying material, including food.
- Flammable, caustic, and potential explosive substances. These materials are not always in the original containers and labels can be missing.
- Blood, vomit, and needles, and other bodily fluids can be disease-ridden and expose the unprepared handler to a variety of infectious diseases. Additionally, unattended bodily fluids attract bacteria and other health threats.
- Urine not only stinks, the ammonia exposure can cause upper respiratory problems and prolong exposure can cause a range of symptoms and health conditions.
- The piles of trash and garbage attract vermin, rodents, wild animals and insects. All of these have the potential of carrying bacteria, allergens and even viral infections.
- Pharmaceuticals, prescription or illegal, can cause health dangers. Some medications become more toxic over time and when past their expiration date, exposure to them is a health hazard.
Once the trash and debris is removed, the job of deep cleaning and restoring begins. Locating and removing the sources of odors, drying water damaged furniture, flooring and walls, detecting mold, especially the highly toxic black mold, and removing the mold damage and identifying wood rot are all tasks for which SERVPRO technicians are trained and equipped. The SERVPRO crew works quickly and efficiently to make the property clean and safe as soon as possible.
Anyone who suspects a family member or friend might be hoarding and living in an unsafe environment should contact the appropriate medical or mental health professional as soon as possible. No matter how tempted, do not try to sort through the trash and debris, or attempt to clean or remove anything. Limit exposure to the inside of the house to short intervals and wear protective gear.
When the occupants have been moved to safety, and any public safety officials who may be involved declare the home ready for debris removal and cleaning, call SERVPRO to get the home cleaned and restored.
SERVPRO of Pismo Beach /Arroyo Grande
1279 W. Stowell Road, Suite C
Santa Maria, CA 93458
This press release is by Arroyo Grande SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.
What does it mean to be a SERVPRO expert?
SERVPRO franchise owners and employees are trained to the rigorous standards of the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The SERVPRO Arroyo Grande fire damage professionals are proud to bring the quality of these standards to clients. Training is provided by the SERVPRO corporation, through the national training program. The training includes:
- Employee certification training that includes modules for: crew training, fire restoration, water restoration, and carpet and upholstery training. The comprehensive training prepares SERVPRO employees to identify and restore damage caused by fire, water and mold, sewage spills, and accidents, natural disasters, storms and floods that damage homes and buildings.
- Franchise training, designed primarily for new franchise owners, but available to every SERVPRO employee. The program covers all aspects of restoring water, fire, and mold damage and restoring carpets and upholstery to “like it never happened condition.”
- e-Learning is a web based program for ongoing self-paced continuing training. Ongoing training keeps SERVPRO professionals up-to-date on the latest restoration technologies and provides advanced training.
SERVPRO Industries, Inc. Has been refining the mitigation and restoration standards since 1967. SERVPRO has been operating a National Training Center since 1992 and teaching the highest standards of restoration and mitigation skills to Franchise Owners and insurance and industry employees.
The IICRC is an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) member and accredited standards developer. The ANSI standards followed by the IICRC are responsible for overseeing national standards. Many of the same standards followed by SERVPRO have also been adopted by as code or regulations by local, state and federal agencies. The standards are considered state-of-the-art in the area of contamination control.
All of this means, that when someone picks up the phone and calls their local SERVPRO, like the Arroyo Grande fire damage specialists, the client can be assured they will get the highest level of attention and restoration to their home or business.
The inspection, and cleaning and restoration processes are the latest state-of-the-art cleanup and restoration processes in the industry, while providing the highest level of protection for the consumer and safety standards for everyone.
SERVPRO of Pismo Beach/ Arroyo Grande is the local company to call.
Cleaning up after a fire—hire experts or do it yourself?
Fire Damage Pismo Beach
It’s one thing to clean and repaint part of a wall after a small kitchen fire that was put out quickly with no major damage. It’s entirely another thing to attempt to salvage personal belongings and cleanup after a major fire. SERVPRO, the experts in restoring belongings and properties after fire damage in Pismo Beach, have some experienced advice about restoring and repairing property after a fire.
- Safety first—always
- Surveying the damage
- Removing and saving personal items
- Cleaning up, repairing and rebuilding
Get out away from a fire immediately. Get everyone, including your pets, away and to safety and call 911. If your attempts to put out a small fire are not working and the fire grows, get everyone to safety.
Every local fire and public safety department has fire safety tips available either online or by stopping by the nearest fire station. Get a copy of the tips and make sure everyone in your family or office knows and practices the procedures.
Do not attempt to enter the property until the fire marshal has said it is safe to do so.
Surveying the damage
Surveying the damage s is a traumatic experience. The urge to get inside to see what can be saved is a strong urge and this is where the experts come in. It is not a good idea to enter fire damaged structures alone, even after the fire department says the fire is out.
First of all, there can be structural damage that can put you in danger. Secondly, hard hats and other safety gear is is an absolute must, including masks to filter soot, smoke, and other airborne contaminants.
The experts from SERVPRO are trained to assess the damage and work with home and business owners, fire departments and insurance companies to accurately assess the damage, determine what can be saved, the best restoration methods, and to cleanup water and fire damage in Pismo Beach or anywhere on the Central Coast.
Removing and saving personal items
A thorough survey of the damage with a SERVPRO expert is going to help you determine which items can be saved and restored, and how to safely remove them, or at least protect them until they can be removed.
There is a strong possibility that the urge to start cleaning can damage something that could have been professionally cleaned and restored. Items that to the inexperienced eye seem beyond saving, might be seen differently by an experienced SERVPRO professional and that family heirloom can be saved after all.
Cleaning up, repairing and rebuilding
Cleaning up the damage can involve everything from removing smoke damage, cleaning walls, carpets, drapes, removing and cleaning personal items, removing water and mold, to demolishing the structure or parts of the structure.
SERVPRO professionals can identify what can be saved, cleaned, and restored and what needs to be rebuilt.
SERVPRO focuses on restoring over replacing. Restoring is less costly that replacement, and certainly less costly than demolishing and rebuilding. The SERVPRO “restore first” standard also gets homes and businesses back to pre-fire conditions faster and with less disruption.
SERVPRO is with you every step of the way
“Like it never happened.” is more that the SERVPRO motto; it is the company’s top goal. Every SERVPRO professional is dedicated to restoring both property and the lives of customers like the fire never happened.
Contact SERVPRO for Pismo Beach, Arroyo Grande, or anywhere on the Central Coast for help restoring your life, home and possessions after a fire.
Removing Graffiti—So It’s "Like it never even happened."
Arriving home or at work, to find walls and driveways spray-painted with graffiti, or some other form of vandalism is frustrating, and under some circumstances can be frightening. The fact that graffiti and other vandalism is against the law is not much comfort once it has happened. Even high-spirited pranks by your kid’s friends are frustrating, and cleaning up is just one more thing to do in a busy schedule. Malicious acts like broken windows, garbage or worse dumped on the property, and other physical damage to the property are even more stressful to deal with. But, don’t worry! SERVPRO, the Arroyo Grande water damage experts are also prepared to remove graffiti and clean up other kinds of vandalism.
Upon discovering vandalism, immediately take several photographs of the damage, report the damage to the police, and call SERVPRO. SERVPRO can also help with filing a claim with your insurance.
- Paint, especially, is not easy to remove and painting over graffiti can take several coats. Painted graffiti on some surfaces like pavement and masonry is even more difficult to remove, and there is not way to paint over a driveway or parking lot.
- Natural wood fences can appear to be ruined by graffiti.
- Broken and damaged windows and doors need immediate attention to prevent water or mold damage.
- Trash, debris, and other kinds of substances that may have been dumped and spread around the property need to be safely collected and hauled away.
The SERVPRO Arroyo Grande water damage and vandalism restoration specialists respond quickly to remove the evidence of vandalism and graffiti from home or business. Along with removing graffiti, the experts from SERVPRO can clean driveways, pathways, masonry of all types, wood, glass and plastic. Vandalism restoration services include:
- General cleaning and graffiti removal
- Brick, stone, and concrete cleaning
- Debris removal
Debris removal can be especially critical because there may be more than the contents of a trash can dumped and scattered about. Depending on the degree of maliciousness from the vandals, hazardous substances, feces, and even flammable and explosive solutions can be present.
Don’t make any attempt to clean up or pick up until the police arrive. Most officers will make a safety check of the damage for the public’s protection and will inform you if the trash and debris appears safe to clean up. If there is any doubt, call the SERVPRO experts who can respond in an emergency. Keep the area secured until it can be cleaned up.
Storms and the Challenges of Water Damage
Flood waters affecting a home
Storms bring badly needed water to the California, but they can also bring all kinds of damage. Heavy rain, winds and flooding create traffic hazards making getting to and from work, school, and necessary errands challenging and sometimes unsafe. Potential damage from floods and slides can run into hundreds of thousands for individual home and business owners and into the billions when a region is hit very hard.
The SERVPRO of Avila beach water damage professionals are the experts to call when the storm is over and it is time to assess and repair residential and commercial water damage.
Water damage from storms can be complicated depending on the force of the storm. The damage can range between standing water in crawl spaces, flooded basements, broken windows and damaged roofs letting water into the home or business, all the way up to water contaminated with sewage and other biohazards.
Storms in California, especially on the Central Coast, usually arrive with plenty of warning. The best way to prevent or minimize water and storm damage is to take precautions before the storm. Late spring and early summer is a good time to inspect buildings for and repair problems that could lead to leaks, standing water, and storm water getting in to the house.
When a storm is coming, known problems like cracked or broken windows, leaky roofs, wood rot, leaking pipes, and hills and slopes that allow water to run under buildings can be protected if there is not enough time to repair them. Securely fit tarps over leaking roofs, reinforce windows, and use erosion control measures to divert water runoff away from structures.
The Avila Beach water damage specialists from SERVPRO are trained to remove rainwater, storm water, water contaminated by biohazards, and to clean and sanitize the water soaked structures and personal property.
Removing storm water and restoring the property that has been damaged requires specialized equipment and cleaning products, protective safety gear, and specialized training to restore homes and businesses to a condition “like it never happened.”
Decontaminating a home or business due to a crime, sewage backups, chemical spills or other biohazards, or even hoarding, can be dangerous to someone without the appropriate training. The Avila Beach SERVPRO professionals work closely with insurance companies to make sure all repairs are made in the most effective manner so that claims are settled as trouble-free as possible.
For the best remediation and repairs to homes and businesses that have received storm damage, call SERVPRO of Avila beach. The company has a 24-hour emergency line and is available around the clock to assist with emergencies.
Solutions for unidentified odors in the home
remove bad odor from home
SERVPRO of Pismo Beach, the water damage experts, know that odors that linger in the house can come from any number of causes. Pets, pet odors clinging to upholstery and rugs, pet accidents, water damage creating mold or wood rot, clogged HVAC systems, musty odors when the house is closed up due to wet or cold weather, sewage leaks under the house and any variety of other contributing factors.
Urine is common source of lingering odors. Urine from accidents can soak through the carpet and stay in the pad and create a persistent odor. Pets, especially will revisit the same locations to relieve themselves, or even just mark. Even though the carpet is shampooed and rugs washed regularly, the odor is only reduced so that it is not detected by the human nose. The family dog or cat, or a visiting pet, can still smell it and will revisit those spots.
Water damage from slow leaks over time are a common source of mold and odor and might be concentrating inside walls where they can only be detected by special equipment, or when the damage is so great to become apparent. Mold and rotted wood can cause structural damage that is expensive to repair.
Clogged HVAC systems, sewage leaks, even leaks that were detected and repaired can contribute to odors. Repairing a leak without looking for wet or damp spots and repairing them can lead to continuing deterioration under cabinets and behind walls.
Some other sources not commonly thought of as contributors include:
- Chimneys with a damaged or missing cap lets in rain, leaves, and other organic material that can contribute to mold.
- The refrigerator drip pan collects condensation and is a breeding ground for mold.
- Washing machine leaks that can damage walls and floors.
- Repairing a roof leak without inspecting for and repairing moisture and water damage.
- Storing toys in the toy box without examining them for moisture first can contribute to mold, and damp stuffed toys that get musty and moldy.
- Old mattresses, old carpeting, even in a pet-free home, collect dust over time and can add a musty smell to the house.
- That favorite old sofa with all the soda spills and years of snacks that have been cleaned out of the cushions.
When you have been cleaning and deodorizing faithfully, and still can’t locate the source of the odor, call the SERVPRO Pismo Beach the water damage and odor detection specialists. SERVPRO specialists are experts in identifying and eliminating offensive odors.
Masking odors with the usual household cleaners delivers only temporary results, and for some odors, isn’t effective at all. Masking the odor is not the solution, but removing it is. SERVPRO specialists have the equipment and supplies to completely remove the odor.
Give SERVPRO of Pismo Beach/Arroyo Grande a call today.
SERVPRO, Pismo Beach, Water Damage Specialists, Report ‘What To Do When A Skunk Gets Under The House’
Skunks, like a lot of wildlife, have adapted to civilization and can be seen wandering through neighborhoods, usually at night. They are usually not a problem unless one becomes trapped under the house then “the smell can get into everything else in the house,” said Mark Powers, owner of the SERVPRO Pismo Beach / Arroyo Grande water damage company.
Most of the time, unless the family dog gets involved, skunks come and go with only a slight trace of their aromatic presence. A skunk living on the property, especially under the house, can leave an odor that just does not go away. A skunk that gets under the house and sprays is most likely going to create an odor that seems to invade everything in the house.
Skunk odor is not easy to get rid of—just ask anyone whose dog stuck its nose too close to a skunk! Skunk spray is produced by the animal’s anal glands and contains oily volatile chemical compounds. The stinky compounds are primarily thiols and thioacetates, both rich in sulphur. Sulphur atoms have a way of bonding to other atoms and this is what makes the smell so hard to eliminate.
The good news, if there is any, is that once sprayed, it can take up to a week for the skunk to replenish its spray. But that doesn’t always mean there are no concerns for another week. Male skunks, spray during the mating season from February to March. Apparently the guy skunks think the spray discourages other males while attracting females? Then, the female has 4 to 6 kits that stay with her for up to 8 months, reportedly spraying each other just for fun. So, there are a lot of reasons a skunk can stink up the property and contents of the house.
So, how to get the skunk smell out of the house? Tomato juice is pretty much a myth, plus no one wants tomato juice on the carpet on purpose. Powers, the Pismo Beach/Arroyo Grande water damage expert with SERVPRO, said, “Getting the smell off the dog is one thing, completely deodorizing the contents of a house requires a completely different approach.”
SERVPRO specialists get the house smelling a fresh as new again. First, the company helps start a homeowner’s insurance claim and helps monitor that claim through the entire process. The entire deodorizing process includes:
- Identifying everything that needs to be treated, including furniture, carpet, curtains, clothing and anything else the skunk oil has landed on. Insulation and the space under the house may also have been affected.
- Treating the affected items. SERVPRO uses proven technology for deodorization that completely eliminates the smell instead of just masking it. The process is relatively quick, but may require the family be out of the home for a day or two.
- Fully ventilating the house after treatment to be sure the family returns to a fresh home.
Upon discovering a skunk or a family of skunks has invaded the property, SERVPRO recommends the following steps:
- Call SERVPRO to get the deodorization and insurance claim process started.
- Call animal control or wildlife rescue to get the skunks removed.
- Get any pets that have been sprayed cleaned up and deodorized. Veterinarians or groomers can get the smell off pets or recommend the appropriate solution for doing it yourself.
- If pets have not been sprayed, contain them so they don’t go skunk hunting.
- Consider a short family vacation if the smell is unbearable. Pack washable changes of clothes in plastic bags to be washed before wearing.
This press release is by Pismo Beach/ Arroyo Grande SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.